Sunday, February 21, 2010

Maybe it's time...

I have come to the realization that I need to go to the doctor.  I am not depressed, it is not the weather, I am not pregnant, and I have been eating healthy (just to put that out of the way).  I know I am  older than I was in grad school and undergrad, but really, that shouldn't account for the extreme fatigue (sometimes, I can barely find the energy to get up and out of the chair) and just general feeling of crappiness I have had for the past few months.  Yes, I am stressed out, but it's the low level stress-- no severe anxiety, nothing like that.  I push through the tiredness, and my work is not suffering, but seriously I come home from the lab and want nothing more than to not move from the couch.  I sleep 9 hrs a night (I know, but I cannot function on less lately--I used to be able to function on 6 in grad school) and wake up and could still sleep more.  No appetite, I eat only to stop the dizziness/light-headedness that I feel every 3 or 4 hours (which goes away when I eat something).  And its not being dehydrated, I drink 2-3 liter bottles of water a day (just at work, mind you...I always have water around-- always somewhat dry-- but that could be from the smoking).  This has been going on for at least 6-8 months, but has been getting worse, or at least more noticeable, in the last 2 months or so.  And nothing has changed in the past two months.  I just hate feeling like crap.  And I am almost worried that going into the Dr. they won't find anything wrong and its just something that I have to deal with (mainly that I am a lazy hypochondriac)...maybe I will just bite the bullet and make an appointment today.  After I take a nap. 

No comments: