- If you e-mail me with a question about MFP and what MFP I have in stock that you may "desperately need" please have the courtesy to answer/respond to my e-mail-- even if it is just a "Thanks. I'll let you know." Really, is it that hard to hit "reply"?
- On a similar note- if you mark something urgent, I treat it as urgent, drop everything and get back to you as soon as possible. This is your stuff, your inquiries, your bullshit. If I can take the five minutes out of my busy day to figure something out for you and give you several options as to how to proceed, waiting >36 hrs to get back to me on how you want things done does not seem all that urgent to me.
- Paper-grubbing- watching me set-up an experiment for all of five minutes (because you are "training" me) does not mean you get your name on my fucking paper.
- Nor do I need your help designing or interpretating data from said experiment. If I need the help, I'll ask someone besides you.
- I do not care that your reaction didn't work. I do not care about the nitty-gritty details of what you are doing, mostly because when the question is reciprocated you cut me off with some ADD tangent.
- Please do not assume that I am a complete idiot. A minor idiot, OK, but treating me as a complete and total...as in how do you get dressed in the morning idiot...I can do without. And, by the way, just because I have a uterus does not mean that "it's my time of the month" because I got pissy with you for being a complete and total jackass.
- Just because I have a uterus does not mean that I care that your kids went to the dentist and have no cavities. That does not make you a good mother. Watching your kids run up and down the hallways of the lab screaming like the devil's spawn that they are does not make you a good mother. bringing them to the lab does not make you a good mother. Making them sit in front of a computer and play games while you "work" or leaving them at home would maybe, possibly make you a better mother.
- Experiments do not always work--they don't. It happens. I do not need your help troubleshooting the experiment. In fact, I really don't even want to talk about it. I have several ideas as to how to fix things. I do not need your help, especially since you ahve never, ever done these things before. Please, also see #6.
- If I am talking on my cell phone it is either (a) really important or (b) Mr. Dr. Zeek trying to figure out what time I am coming home so we can have dinner together. You do not need to sit in my lab, listen to my conversation and then comment on it after I hang up. Especially if you have come into my lab to tell me about #5 or #6.
- Please, for the love of God and all things holy, do not tell me that smoking is bad for me. No shit? Really? Please get off of your sanctimonious high-horse and stop telling me that everything I am doing is unhealthy, yadda-yadda while you munch on your BigMac, super-sized fries and slurp down your Coke. I would have to have lived under a rock not to know that smoking is a horrible, awful habit that is not only destroying my health but makes me "unattractive" (yes, that is what was said) Do I smoke near you? Around you? No. You have to smell it on me when you come in my lab? Then please, don't come in.
- Talking to someone while they are pipetting multiple things into a reaction cocktail mix is just cruel. Continuing to talk after the cry of "Ah, Fuck. I already added that" is just plain mean.
- When I say "I don't care" I really do mean "I don't care". You will not be able to convince me otherwise.
I have not had enough "down-time," away from people, conversations, etc. As much of an extrovert I can be (or at least come off as--those silly tests always told me I was an introvert), most of the time it is forced extrovertisim. I need time away from people to recharge-otherwise I get like this-where everything and anything pisses me off..... This weekend Mr. Dr. Zeek and I have no plans, no work, no anything. We are locking the doors, taking the phone off the hook and not talking to anyone but each other.
EDIT: I just downloaded some Buckcherry, 90's alternative and all around lab rocking music for tomorrow. It seemed to help a bit.....