Wednesday, December 29, 2010

And the weeks marched on...

Alright-it has been awhile since I posted.  Rest assure it has been a busy month in the Dr, Zeek household. In the last four weeks:
  • my laptop melt-down resulted in a complete wipe and reinstall (thank the gods we had carbonite installed)
  • all the experiments I needed for the poster for the upcoming conference worked about two weeks before I needed to start putting everything together--so there was a massive push to analyze the data
  • then, a really bad cold knocked me on my ass for a few days a week before christmas
  • which resulted in my stressing
  • which resulted in stress-induced muscle spasms in my lower back--no relief except laying flat on my back in bed.  It is hard to work on a poster when laying in bed.
  • resulting in more stress--and the viscous cycle continued until I finally went to the doctor for some muscle relaxers
  • which resulted in family Christmas festivities in a somewhat drug-induced haze and still no poster (which needed to be printed by today at the latest)
  • which resulted in a marathon illustrator/photoshop session (12 hrs on the 26th and 12 hrs on the 27th) and a beautiful poster to print yesterday
  • and a corrupted illustrator poster file
  • which resulted in few panicky tears.  4 hrs later the amazing IT/media center people printed my poster

It has been a rough few weeks, but the poster is printed, the holidays are almost over and we fly out to places warmer for the conference on Sunday.  I almost cannot wait to get back from the conference so I can put my life back to some semblance of normalcy.  Oh, wait, the weekend after we get back is Mr. Dr. Zeek's surprise birthday party.  Then maybe some normalcy?

No comments: