Sunday, January 17, 2010

Being a student again....

I am auditing a class this coming semester. I know, I know, but part of the fun of being a post-doc is the training. That and I am hoping to look at this from a soon-to-be professor point of view. How the classes are organized, what's important, is there any material/antecedents/jokes I can pilfer for later use, etc. (Hey, I am still learning the ins-and-outs of the field-give me a break). Anyways, I decided that, since classes start next Tues, I would start perusing the first chapter, maybe take some notes, read a few papers, and broaden my horizons.


I have not "studied" since the first few years of grad school (so, let's say 4-5 yrs ago), and I am sorely out of practice. And I think my attention span has greatly diminished. How is it that I used to be able to sit for hours, actively studying and learning, at time and now I can barely get through a paragraph without being distract….oh, look shiny things....

No comments: