Friday, January 1, 2010

what the hell am I supposed to do?

I agreed to stand up in Mr. Dr Zeek's cousin's wedding 6 months ago. While not extremely close (i.e. we don't sit up at night sharing girly secrets-but she is a chemistry nerd too and we have bonded over the years-- bonded, ha-ha that was funny) I really like her and was extremely honored to be asked to stand up in the wedding.


The wedding is this June and the dresses, shoes, and various sundries have already come in. I am fully committed to this wedding.

And then, last night it hit me. My little (and only) sister is graduating from High school this year. Class of 2010. Anyone see the problem yet? Let me fill you in. Graduation's are generally in June. Second week in June. As in the second week of this coming June.

In a shear panic, I called my mom this morning and confirmed that the wedding and the graduation are on the same date, an hour apart. Wedding at 1:00 and graduation at 2:00, about 90 miles away. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

My mom suggests I bail on the wedding (of course). Mr. Dr Zeek thinks I can't bail on the wedding (only because I am standing up in it....if we were just guests, we would have completely skipped the wedding or showed up late or whatever and been front and center at graduation....). I have yet to talk to my sister.

Anyone figure out how to clone someone so I can be in two places at once?

What a way to start the New Year.

No comments: