Friday, May 14, 2010

8-12...

The satellite company we have is coming to upgrade our satellite boxes this morning. Not that we couldn't do it, but the logistics of shipping us the new boxes and shipping back the old ones is a nightmare-therefore having them come and install them would be easier.

Or so I thought.

Being the one with a more flexible schedule, I told Mr. Dr. Zeek that I would stay home this morning and wait for them to come.  Running out the door this morning at 7:30, Mr. Dr. Zeek called over his shoulder, "The appointment is for sometime between 8-12."

Wait.  What? A four-hour window?  They cannot narrow it down farther than that?  I am chained to the house, and the phone, for four hr?  And, the really cool thing, if you miss their phone call (they call you as they are leaving their last job), the put you at the end of the cue and go to the next place.  I am afraid to even go to the bathroom right now for fear of missing a phone call or the doorbell ringing.  I wonder if I can pull the four-hour window for meetings with Big Boss Man or my undergrads.  Yep, Big Boss Man, we can meet to talk about very important manuscript tomorrow, say sometime between 12:00 and 4:00.  Just wait for me in your office. 

Somehow I don't think that would go over so well.

No comments: