Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Still waiting....

Still waiting. For one figure. And, of course the tome of corrections the second author has decided to make, which may or may not be added to the manuscript. Here is the question to the great wide void- do I have to make these corrections? Most of the previous ones that I have seen were more stylistic than anything, and honestly my PI (who is the corresponding author) like the paper/style/tone before I showed it to the second author. Am I responsible/forced to alter my style of writing to make the second author happy? I will honestly look at the corrections, and if something sounds better his way, fine, I will change it, but do I have to make all of his suggested changes?

The corrections are (ready for this one) coming in the mail since he wrote them on a copy of the manuscript and figured he would drop them in an actual envelope and put them in the mail-so we are looking at three days once he puts them in the box). Seriously?

I am stewing a bit right now. Just a bit. I know he is busy, I know he has a lot going on, but creepers so do I. It would have been nice to have this paper submitted and maybe (fingers crossed) accepted before my fellowship app is due, but now, there is no way in hell.

Grrr....what do I do?

No comments: