Friday, February 6, 2009

Warm Fuzzies...

After a three day hiatus from the lab (in which I was laying on the couch, praying for the antibiotics to kick in, sleeping on and off all day and, when not asleep- watching junk daytime TV), I decided to come in today. I am still not feeling great, in fact all I want to do right now is crawl into bed with a cup of tea and not move for several hours, but I figured that three days was enough time to get over pneumonia, to quit being a baby, suck it up and go into work. Besides, I hadn't told my PI I would be gone/was gone so I figured he'd be a little "upset."


Anyways, popped into PI's office, he looked surprised to see me. And made the comment of all comments that is going to leave me riding high for the next few weeks- "here I thought you were going to be flat on your back for the next few weeks. I don't know what we would have done without you-you are indispensable..." No, really, I was not in a drug-induced haze, he really said I was indispensable, he was glad to see me up and around, and that I need to take care of myself and get better. So basically, what the hell are you doing in lab. Go home. See you Monday.

So, I am going to head out of lab soon. Take home a bunch of papers to finish my manuscript (which I promised big boss man on Monday) and work from there. But indispensable--I still have the warm fuzzies from that.

No comments: