Tuesday, February 3, 2009

You have got to be kidding me PART III....

An update. After sleeping about two hours on Sunday night (its hard to sleep when you are constantly hacking up a lung), drinking almost a whole bottle of NyQuil (OK I exaggerate a tad) and sucking on the silly inhaler that did absolutely no good, I drag (literally) my ass into work. At this point, I m so tired that the words on my computer screen are fuzzy, and I find myself forgetting to do simple things (like putting the coffee in the filter before closing the lid and turning it on).

Anyways, about 2:00 in the afternoon, right before my minions come in, the nurse from the clinic calls me. It seems that the radiologist saw something the Dr didn't on my chest X-ray, my bronchitis isn't bronchitis. I have pneumonia in my upper lobe of the left lung. Freakin fantastic! The nurse proceeded to tell me that I could possibly be contagious until 24 hrs after my first does of antibiotics. *sigh* great.

Seriously though, one dose of antibiotics and super-awesome cough medicine later- I could sleep. Granted, I was exhausted from coughing and not sleeping since Thursday, but holy shit- if they just would have given me this shit a day earlier... anyways, I slept for something like 12 hrs after getting home yesterday and took today off from the lab. Maybe I can kick this shit in the next day or so and be up and running by the end of this week...thank god for modern medicine.

No comments: